Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Little TV stars...

What an exciting week we have had so far. Ty & Vanessa appeared on the evening news last night. It was a segment about starting fitness early in kids which I totally agree with so I was so proud that they were a part of it. They will probably be on again Thursday night too. We've been watching the tape a lot since it aired and Ty keeps asking to watch "his TV show" now. I've even gotten some emails from friends saying that they saw the kids on TV. I don't know who is more excited- Ty or me. Who am I kidding? It's obviously me... (Ty checking out the camera with the host Tonya Rouse)

As excited as I was about the whole thing I can not believe how pushy some of the other moms were with their kids. It was embarrassing. They shoved their kids in front of the camera and basically chased the camera around all morning. I will not deny that I was really hoping the camera would catch my kids at least a few times but I certainly just let them play as they normally do hoping it would happen. In the end my kids got the most screen time -probably b/c they were just sincerely there having fun not being forced into the situation. One thing that did bother me about it was- it was a segment about fitness and healthy living and two of the women that basically forced themselves to be interviewed were quite overweight themselves. They sat there talking about how they feel fitness is important for their kids when they have clearly never seen the inside of a gym themselves. These are also the moms that serve their kids fruit punch and cookies for snacks. It was just annoying to watch. Believe me I was not hoping to get interviewed myself- I was there only for the kids but there were a lot of moms & dads there in good shape that would have been much more effective for this particular topic.
In the end it really was a fun experience and I'm so happy to have a tape to share with my little TV stars when they can appreciate it as much as I do...