Well the rain did not hold off for us and Friday it poured. We got up to the cottage around 6:30pm and the kids just played inside for the evening. Fortunately there was a TV (phewff!!) otherwise I'm really not sure what we would have done.
(The kids relaxing with some milk just before bed-notice Vanessa doesn't look tired at all)
I slept in a double bed with Ty . Vanessa's playpen was at the foot of the bed. Iain slept in another room on his own. Ty slept okay but Vanessa didn't fall asleep until 11:30pm (after I finally put her in the car and drove her around for 5 minutes).
Saturday it was dry but so windy and cold. That didn't stop us from playing outside though and the kids really did have a good time. A couple more little girls (our neighbours cousins) came up to play so the kids threw rocks in the lake and ran around without a complaint. The men were fishing most of the day so I got to hang out with Mary and her SIL. It was great company even if we were freezing...The real trouble started that second night. Around 3am Ty woke up complaining that his ear hurt. He's never had an ear infection so I was pretty sure he wasn't making it up. Unfortunately he woke Vanessa up so I quietly snuck both kids out of the cottage and put them into the car and drove them around until 5am!! They both would drift off but as soon as I would stop the car again they would wake up. Finally Ty woke up and threw up all over himself (and the car) so I decided there was no way I was staying at the cottage. I got them as settled as I could in the car and quietly went back into the cottage packed up all our stuff and told Iain we were leaving. We were back home by 6:30am and both kids went straight to bed for 2 hours!! Thanks Goodness otherwise I don't know what I would have done. I got Ty off to the walk in clinic where they confirmed he did in fact have an ear infection. (poor little guy) He's doing great today and I'm happy to say that both kids slept without interruption last night- probably happy to be in their own beds again. I know I was.
(The kids relaxing with some milk just before bed-notice Vanessa doesn't look tired at all)I slept in a double bed with Ty . Vanessa's playpen was at the foot of the bed. Iain slept in another room on his own. Ty slept okay but Vanessa didn't fall asleep until 11:30pm (after I finally put her in the car and drove her around for 5 minutes).
Saturday it was dry but so windy and cold. That didn't stop us from playing outside though and the kids really did have a good time. A couple more little girls (our neighbours cousins) came up to play so the kids threw rocks in the lake and ran around without a complaint. The men were fishing most of the day so I got to hang out with Mary and her SIL. It was great company even if we were freezing...The real trouble started that second night. Around 3am Ty woke up complaining that his ear hurt. He's never had an ear infection so I was pretty sure he wasn't making it up. Unfortunately he woke Vanessa up so I quietly snuck both kids out of the cottage and put them into the car and drove them around until 5am!! They both would drift off but as soon as I would stop the car again they would wake up. Finally Ty woke up and threw up all over himself (and the car) so I decided there was no way I was staying at the cottage. I got them as settled as I could in the car and quietly went back into the cottage packed up all our stuff and told Iain we were leaving. We were back home by 6:30am and both kids went straight to bed for 2 hours!! Thanks Goodness otherwise I don't know what I would have done. I got Ty off to the walk in clinic where they confirmed he did in fact have an ear infection. (poor little guy) He's doing great today and I'm happy to say that both kids slept without interruption last night- probably happy to be in their own beds again. I know I was.
**I'll post more pictures later-blogger is giving me a problem right now**