Saturday, November 18, 2006

We're Back!!

What an amazing trip we had although I have to say that it has been nice to sleep in my own bed for the past couple of nights. I do miss waking up every morning - no beds to make- just lathering up with sunscreen, hitting the buffet and sitting by the pool all morning. It was so relaxing. The most stressful decision to make was whether to drink another "Dirty Monkey" or move on to the "Bahama Mamas". LOL!! At the end of the week on our way home Iain and I were talking about how good our kids are. We were so proud of them- they had a great time, minimal fussing, they slept so well and played and swam all day long with big smiles on their faces. That may not seem like a big deal but after seeing the behaviour of some of the kids down there I have to say Iain and I were very proud of ourselves and our kids. We gave ourselves a big pat on the back.
A typical day in Punta Cana was: wake up 8:30am - hit the breakfast buffet and be down by the pool by 10am. Lunch around 1pm then the kids and I would go back to the room around 2pm for naps (I read out on the balcony while Iain usually hung out with the guys on the beach looking for topless women LOL!!) The kids would wake around 5:30pm so we'd get ready for dinner and head down to the restaurant. We hit the mini kids disco at 8pm and the kids were in bed around 9:30pm. Most nights the ladies and guys took turns having a quiet "kidless" dinner at one of the "A la carte" restaurants. It was such a nice break.
I have hundreds of great pictures but here are a few...
The flight there was a bit of a challenge - by the time we landed most passengers knew Vanessa's name since she did laps for about 2 1/2 hours of the 3 1/2 hour flight.





We had a great time at the beach- Ty got into a soccer game with some kids his age, the kids built sandcastles, Vanessa and I swam in the waves...what I don't miss though is being covered in sand. I'm sure we brought home enough sand in our suitcase if I am missing it. LOL!
Vanessa was such a busy little girl on this trip but we could not complain because she was so happy to be busy.
Mary, Dawn and I had a great night on our own at a nice at a French restaurant at the resort. After a delicious meal and many glasses of the best wine we had ever had we headed over to the disco where we danced until 1am!! It was so much fun to not have a care in the world.
Our vacation was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for a nicer group of friends to spend our week with. I can't wait to do it again.