Sunday, January 06, 2008

Life after the holidays


I realize that I completely skippped over posting about Christmas and our holidays but I'm going to post pictures about that on our website. Just quickly though, Christmas was really great. The kids had a great time with family and friends and I can not believe that they are back to school in the morning. I'm actually a little excited b/c I really need a couple hours to get this house back in some kind of order.
A quick update... just before Christmas on December 21st my Nana (my mom's mom) passed away. She was in her 85th year and was truly ready. Knowing that made it a lot easier to say good bye to her but I still miss her a lot. My brother Ryan spoke beautifully at her funeral sharing so many great stories and memories that we have of her. She had an incredible sense of humour and just thinking about her puts a smile on my face but right now it also puts a lump in my throat knowing that I will have no new memories of her. She was a wonderful grandmother and great-nana to my kids. I'm so happy that they had the chance to meet her. She loved them so much. Her funeral was on Christmas Eve and the minister pointed out that the fact that on Christmas Eve, when so many people have other plans, the chapel was still full - a true testament to the kind of person my Nana was.

Okay so back to happier things - we had a wonderful New Years Eve with the neighbours at my parents newly renovated cottage. We went up there for 3 nights and can not wait to get back already. The kids got to skate on the lake and play in the snow and we did crafts, read books, played games... I got to read more then half of the new book I started. It was a great time with great friends.

The guys on the lake with the kids.


In very exciting news today Vanessa had her first skating experience this afternoon. She was so excited to try out her new skates on the ice. She went with Iain, his dad & his sister Sharleen and had a smile on her face the whole time. Check out my little Ice princess...


She did so well for her first time out there. I plan to take her once a week starting next week. Speaking of plans - I have so many exciting (and some not so exciting) for 2008. A few house projects are in the works - the laundry room, a new master bathroom shower and Iain and I have some potentially great travelling plans for this year as well. Once we finalize those details I'll post more. In the meantime the only other resolutions/plans I have for 2008 are 1. Lose the Christmas weight (I think that's a given every year) 2. Teach the kids to clean up after themselves 3. Start taking better care of my own needs i.e. trying to get a little more time to myself to restore my sanity and make me a more patient mother 4. Convince my husband to get a vasectomy 5. Keep appreciating the wonderful gift I have been given - a wonderful family and time to spend with them.

I hope everyone has a wonderful healthy and happy year in 2008!!