Monday, April 07, 2008

A very relaxing weekend at the cottage

Well it was muddy but you will not hear us complain. We had such a great time this weekend up at the cottage. We are feeling so refreshed and ready to take on another week.
We arrived on Friday night and the kids went right to bed. Saturday we went into Bobcaygen and the kids were so excited to spot a fox and deer along the way. The fox was too quick but we got a picture of the deer.

We went for a walk that night and Troy had so much fun in the backpack while the kids splashed along in the huge puddles. But for most of the weekend Iain and I could be found like this...I even finished my book - which I REALLY enjoyed. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting up there again until the end of May because Ty's lacrosse starts next weekend (both Sat & Sun.) and Vanessa has dancing on Saturdays again. We may try to sneak another weekend in though.

I had to add this picture of Troy with his new smile- check out the chicklets! He is really changing right in front of our eyes.

Finally, I am once again posting a picture of my oldest son with a black eye. I was so embarassed to bring him to school today dreading what the teachers and other parents must be thinking. This time he did it to himself at least. (last time I opened the door and the doorknob caught him in the eye) This time he was fooling around with a blanket over his head and he ran into the fire place mantel. He thinks he looks pretty tough but in the meantime I'm sitting here waiting for a call from the school.