Monday, May 12, 2008

A Happy Mother's Day

We had another great but busy weekend. Saturday it was dance class and lacrosse practice then straight up to Auntie Sharleen (Iain's sisters) new house for a visit. Right away the kids claimed her second bedroom as their own play room and Sharleen has offered to babysit at her place anytime. Yay!! Somehow her new house -which is just perfect - has become a huge asset in our lives too. lol!! From Sharleen's place we dropped Ty off at a birthday party for twin girls in his class. (He was the only boy invited and was quite the hit dancing on the deck I was told) Saturday night my mom came to babysit while Iain and I got out to see a live band with some of his co-workers. It was so nice to get out and the kids did well with my mom.
Sunday morning I got to sleep in a bit while Iain made me a delicious egg white omelette (yes we are still going strong with the P90X program) The kids were so excited to give me the gifts they made for me. Ty had written a story about me..."My mommy's name is Lori-Ann. She is 50 years old. Her favourite food is chocolate bars." lol!! It was so sweet. He also made me a beaded bracelet. Iain bought me lululemon shorts & a t-shirt which I just love.
We went to Ty's lacrosse game then we spent the rest of the morning at Iain's parents place. That afternoon my brother Ryan took my mom and I out for lunch. It was a really nice afternoon. When I got home the kids spent some time out on our new patio riding their bikes and looking for ants. It was a very relaxing day. I hope all you moms out there had a great Mother's Day too!!