Monday, May 04, 2009

A Mother- Daughter tea party

Another great weekend has come and gone.  Friday night I got out to a movie with some girl friends, followed by a dessert that was far too large for one person to eat but I managed it pretty well. Saturday was pretty low key, lacrosse practice, dance class, shopping for basement furniture then spent the evening just hanging out with friends.  Sunday was exciting though- Ty made his debut as goalie this year and shut the other team out until the 3rd period.  Even then he only let in 2 goals and his team won 6-2.  It was very exciting for him.

  Right after his game Vanessa and I drove up to Kingston with 2 other friends and their daughters for a mother-daughter tea party to support juvenile diabetes.  Our former neighbours  5 year old daughter was diagnosed with Juvenile diabetes in October.  It has been a very rocky road for them so far but in spite of all the chaos that has been going on in their lives they were able to pull off a fabulous party.
  (Vanessa and I with our next door neighbours, Mary & Julia)
( Julia, Jordan and Vanessa with their faces painted - the women who did this were amazing - I've never seen face painting look so pretty)
(The girls together after a great day of fun)
To end the weekend off Ty lost another tooth!!  He has lost 5 front teeth now and he's talking funny.  I love it!