Monday, December 14, 2009

The Craziness of Christmas...

This is such an insane time of year - I feel like we have not stopped since returning home from Montreal. I still have some shopping to do and not enough hours in the day to do it. This week has been, and still is particularly busy for Iain and I... To begin with, we are living in the chaos of having a demolished master bathroom- this happens to the be the week our contractor was available to replace our shower so we've moved into the kids bathroom... We were at the Leafs game Saturday night, Sunday was Iains work kids party, he's at the Leafs game tonight so I'm on my own, Wednesday night we are going to his work Christmas party, Friday night we are going to another work related party then Saturday we can relax, a bit at least, and have fun at our friends party. Needless to say we have exhausted our babysitting privileges from family members and have had to resort to paying a babysitter. :) All of these extra social events come on top of our already busy schedule of dance class, gymnastics, skating lessons, hockey... I'm feeling a little overextended to say the least. I'm finding Christmas baking helps to me to relax though - love the smell of tasty treats baking in the oven -I've made 8 differents squares so far so you'd think I'd be feeling pretty mellow right now :)
Here are some pictures of the last few events...
Troy sang Jingle Bells like a champ at the Christmas concert
Vanessa getting carried away after falling off the stage before her class had even started singing. LOL! (she was fine that's why I can laugh)
Vanessa getting ready backstage for her dance recital - I put lip gloss on her and she didn't know what to do with her lips.
The kids finally got a chance to talk to Santa - they are feeling better now that he knows what they want for Christmas.