Thursday, August 26, 2010

Busy weekend...again

We have been having a very busy but amazing summer. This past weekend was no exception. Friday night we did the usual, but never boring - hanging out with the neighbours in the backyard. Saturday we were invited to a BBQ at one of Iain's old friends house. He and his girlfriend just bought a house in our area so we packed the kids up and had a great time catching up with everyone there. Some of the others brought their kids as well which was a nice surprise so our kids had a lot of fun.
Sunday the rain forced us to come up with an indoor activity. Iain remembered this place nearby that was a mall AND an amusement park. How perfect is that? Something for everyone! The kids had a blast - a great way to kill a rainy Sunday afternoon.
On the roller coaster...it was actually really quick and fun for us too.
I do hate to admit this but a highlight for me this weekend was a purchase I made. Actually I should say Iain made for me. I was never a purse person - well I mean I carry a purse but have never cared what kind as long as all my stuff fit in it...until a few Christmas' ago... My gift from Iain was a new purse. I thought it was very nice - great size, nice colour but the fact that it was a very expensive purse was completely lost on me. Once I started using it though my neighbour let me know just how great a purse she thought it was and I was asked all the time if it was "real" and told how great it was and how much others wanted this purse. Maybe I liked the attention or perhaps I just grew to appreciate the fine qualities of a good designer purse b/c now I LOVE my purses! I always let others (who's opinions I trust) pick them out for me but I do like to carry a nice purse. So here is my newest purse...a very generous gift from my husband who convinced me I needed it.
Turns out he was right too - I totally needed this purse. :)