Fall is without a doubt my favourite time of the year... and this past week & weekend reminded of me why that is...
Growing up, I spent a lot of my time in a hockey arena - my brother played rep hockey so I have some very fond memories that are tied to hockey arenas in general. This past week I got to watch Iain, Ty, Vanessa and Troy all lace up and get out there on the ice. I love that they are all enjoying their time either in hockey or skating lessons (which will likely lead to hockey). I do feel a hint of envy that it's not me out there but mostly I'm just so happy to get to watch them all. It's cold, the hours are not the best, and Iain and I swore we were not going to live our lives with our children in an arena so I have a hard time coming up with reasons why I love it so much. I'm just comfortable and content at the arena - it's a nice feeling.
This past week I cheered Iain on as he played his first game of hockey ever in his life. Although it was comical at times I honestly have to admire the man for taking up, of all sports, hockey, at his age. He can only improve from here...
Ty found out he made the Silver Stick team (highest level of hockey for his age group) and had his first practice this past weekend.
Both Troy and Vanessa (in the white vest) were all smiles out there at their skating lessons.
This is just the first week of 6 days at the arena so I'm still smiling and enjoying it... now ask me mid February how I'm feeling about spending 6 out of 7 days at the arena and I will likely give you a different answer but for now this is definitely one of the reasons I LOVE the fall!
Apple picking would be another reason and we had a gorgeous day on Sunday to enjoy that...
now I'm off to do some baking. Apple and Potato Rosti for dinner tonight followed by Apple crisp. For the next week apples will be included with every meal - I have a huge bag I have to get through. :)
Upcoming favourite fall things... my birthday, the Run for the Cure, Iain's and my 9th anniversary, a trip to the pumpkin patch and my kids favourite , Halloween! How could I not love the fall!?!