Wow I can not believe we have been doing this for 5 years now. Another reminder of how time flies... but in this case it's so good to see 5 years go by so quickly because that means Mary has been cancer free for that long - a pretty big milestone.
Once again this year I had our team over to the house on Saturday night for a little pre-run get together/potluck. Always so nice to catch up with everyone. This was a particularly good year for the runners in the group.
I had no excuse this time and I was very happy with how I did. The past couple years that I ran it was the one time a year that I ran at all. Over this past year I have become an avid runner - not going far or fast or anything like that but I became one of those people you see that get up far too early to get in a morning run. I came to love it too. I could even be found running in the rain at times - yep I'm hardcore like that. :) So when I actually had the person that crossed the finish line first in my sights I was very happy with how I had done...there were dozens of people ahead of me but still - I could see the first place guy finish. That was a first for me.
Mary on the other hand was the first survivor to cross the finish line - and she still looked this good after. :)