Monday, June 27, 2011

6 years ago my daughter came into my life...

and my ear drums haven't functioned the same since. Seriously this girl has a set of lungs on her. We've actually warned her ahead of time that once she turned 6 she would no longer be able to scream. Not sure if she believes us or not but we have yet to find out and it has been a whole 5 days since her birthday... So 6 years ago I became mother to a girl. A very new experience for me. From Day 1 Vanessa was very independent - which was such a relief for me already having a 2 year old boy that kept me so busy. She ate well, slept well and was happy to play on her own. This kept up for years... she was and still is a very good girl who does what she's told (for the most part). She loves being with her friends, loves to sing and dance, loves nature and nature loves her (as she announces to us frequently) She wants to grow up to be a rock star - loves the spotlight as we have seen at her dance recitals. Vanessa's biggest fault is her overreaction to anything the least bit upsetting. This girl lets out a scream that can be heard for miles. If you didn't know her you would swear she was being tortured. Iain and I don't even flinch at the sound of it and our friends don't react anymore either. When we all get together Vanessa's scream is usually our cue that it's time for bed (or at least time for her to be alone). As far as faults go I'm thinking this one is not too bad... one she will grow out of. I honestly do admire my little girls feistiness. She doesn't always go with the flow if it doesn't suit her and will chose to play alone if the others aren't playing something she is interested in. She sticks up for herself when she feels she's being treated unfairly... this a lot of times ends with her screaming but again I'm hoping she can hold on to her confidence and drop the whole screaming part. :)
I love that she is a girly girl but can still keep up with the boys. She has matured a lot this past year in looks and personality. It's amazing to watch and be a part of and I feel so lucky to get to be her mother. I can only imagine what this next year will bring...
Vanessa from age 1-6...