Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"I'm really going to miss being 7"


My first born turned 8 years old today and last night before falling asleep he was obviously reflecting on his past year as this was the last thing he said. LOL! I really miss being 7 too buddy - those were the days...
It has been a great year for Ty though. Not without its disappointments, but he doesn't focus too much on that. Ty has had a fantastic year playing hockey, baseball and lacrosse, he has even gotten out to golf with Iain and has enjoyed golf camp with his cousins this summer.
This was the year he made a rep hockey team, got his first hat trick (during summer hockey), hit his first home run... but not only are his sports accomplishments exciting to him, this year he went to Disney World, went on his first upside down roller coaster, went to his first rock concert...
He also got his first set of drums and is making plans for his own rock concert one day. ;)
He is such a positive sweet boy - he really is. He is so cuddly and so loving to the point that I have to ask him to back off a bit once in a while. (that sounds terrible I know but it's true) His teacher has said he is constantly hugging her too. He tells us he loves us half a dozen times a day - I'm not exaggerating. He is a great big brother to Vanessa and Troy as well, sticking up for both when he feels they need him. He lets Troy sleep in his bed everynight even though I know that can not be the most comfortable - I've been kicked in the face, stomach and back by Troy many times while allowing him to sleep with us.
He is the kind of kid that makes people smile and I am so lucky to have gotten to spend the last 8 years with him. Happy Birthday to my sweet boy! I can not wait to see what the future holds...