Tuesday, December 04, 2012

It's DECEMBER?!?

I have no idea where this past year has gone.  It's honestly scary how quickly time passes now. Even on lazy Sundays like this past one, when we don't leave our house we can look at the clock and somehow hours have passed without us realizing it.  Sunday we got our tree up and decorated while we watched movie after movie in the background.  A very relaxing day to say the least.  I have a feeling it will be our last for the next month though looking ahead at our calendar for December.   
All that's missing now are the presents.  I really better get on that... 

November is a blur to us now but here are a few highlights...  

I snapped this picture outside my parents house - a very rare sight for us.  
Troy spent an evening at build-a-bear with my mom and came home with this little Monkey he called "Rockstar". 
Ty won MVP at his first hockey tournament of the season.  

It has been a busy month for Troy- last week he passed his level in swim lessons.  I'm giving him the winter off from the pool but in turn have signed him up for skating lessons to fill the time gap. (I have a problem with allowing free time to happen... something I need to work on in the new year)This past Friday he entertained us at his school concert so enthusiastically singing and dancing up on the stage.  He is such a little ham.  Also this past month I got all my baking done - way ahead of schedule and given Iain and I are still not eating wheat therefore not eating any of my baking,  it may actually last all month so I can bring it to Christmas get togethers and share it with family and friends. I got all my Christmas cards mailed out!  So happy to be ahead of schedule with that :)Iain and I were finally able to book a night to meet with my brother downtown and enjoy a DELICIOUS meal at Lee  OMG yum!  Highly recommend it - and they even had a seperate wheat free menu.  We're so lucky eating wheat free is so trendy right now.  


Coming up in December...
Vanessa has her first recital of the year for her hip hop, jazz & acro classes
We are taking the kids to Iain's work Christmas party 
More hockey with the boys
But most importantly I HAVE to get on that Christmas shopping!  I really only have 2 weeks before the kids are home so I really really must do it.  I HATE shopping! :(

In the meantime I'm heading out for lunch with my friend Sheryl today and my friend Nicole tomorrow - Loving my life right now.  So nice to have great friends and time to spend with them :)  It really has been another great year so far - one more month to go then I am ready to make 2013 even better!