Thursday, December 08, 2005
Update about my neighbour
My neighbour started her chemo treatments today. Iain and I hung out with her and her family last night. She was really scared. The doctor told her that she should expect to lose her hair by the end of the week. She also got some really bad news - chemo will put her into menopause. She did some quick checking about freezing some embryos but unfortunately that takes months of hormone therapy- time that she just does not have right now. Even after everything she has been through so far ( the mastectomy ) and what she is about to go through Iain and I were able to sit and chat and even laugh and joke around with her and her husband last night. They are incredible people and I can not wait until this whole ordeal is over so we can all plan a fabulous vacation together. I feel so fortunate to know such a strong person and I really hope I am helping in some small way.