Monday, February 13, 2006

A Busy Weekend

Besides feeling a little under the weather today, I am exhausted from another busy weekend. I'll include Friday since it is the beginning of the weekend. Friday morning Ty went off to Preschool while I took Vanessa to swimming lessons then for a visit with my Nana. Vanessa is really enjoying swimming and we finally got her a "girly" towel so she doesn't have to share with Ty anymore. Gotta love Pottery Barn Kids!!Saturday morning we did a few errands, cleaned the house and nearly bought Ty an aquarium and fish but fortunately came to our senses before making the purchase. He's been so into Nemo lately - for a minute we thought it would be a good idea but as the sales guy was explaining all that needed to be done all I could hear was "more work for mommy..." Ty couldn't care less as we walked out without a fish so it was obviously the best decision.
Saturday night we had all the neighbours over to celebrate a couple of their birthdays. I made a lasagna (which actually turned out well) and a birthday cake. The kids played really well while the adults all got caught up. The one couple is expecting their second baby on Vanessa's birthday (June 24th) and Mary is 5 weeks away from being finished with her chemo treatments so it was a great night of catching up and planning our big trip in November. So far it sounds like we are going to go on a cruise (with all the kids of course). I'm very excited.
Sunday morning is usually my morning off. Iain takes Ty to swimming lessons then to skating. The car was running and they were all set to go when Iain got a call from work. He had to rush into Mississauga because one of the properties he manages had a broken water main (or sprinkler system-I didnt' get all the details). All I knew was that Ty was ready to go to swimming and I was standing there in my pj's and Vanessa was up in bed. I told Ty he could shower in his bathing suit so he wouldn't get too upset then I took him to skating while my parents watched Vanessa. By 1pm Iain was home again and the kids were ready for their naps.
Once they were both in bed I crawled back into bed myself and fell asleep for 2 hours!! I couldn't believe it when I woke up and looked at the clock. Unfortunately since then I've been feeling really crummy (I'm spending far too much time in the washroom - LOL!) and I'm just beat.
I'm going to try to get the kids down for nap at the same time again today and get some more rest myself.
As far as the night time sleep- I'm getting plenty again. Ty didn't wake up at all last night and Vanessa was only up once to eat and went right back to sleep. I don't know why I'm feeling so lousy- what I do know is that I need to get back into bed ASAP. I'm counting the hours until Iain is home.