Monday I took the kids over to the Community center to sign them up for Fall swimming lessons. I was able to get them both in on Wednesdays at 5pm. This will be Ty's first lessons without me in the pool with him but I have no worries about him given how well he is swimming on his own now. Vanessa will be going into "Duck" with me by her side.
Tuesday I had made some homemade "Turkey Meatball" soup so I invited some of my girlfriends and their kids over. That morning we found out the one girl & her kids couldn't make it (their daughter woke up with pink eye). Ty still had fun with the other girl dressing up in Halloween costumes and playing board games.
Wednesday I took the kids to see a Magician at the Oshawa library which wasn't great but it gave us something to do that morning. That night we celebrated my neighbour Mary's birthday. Another great night with the neighbours. 
(Vanessa was in her little ballerina outfit b/c the other 2 girls just love that sort of thing)
Thursday I took the kids to visit Iain at work for lunch. Ty was so excited to sit in the cafeteria with Iain and his co-workers. He loves charming the ladies at the office - like father, like son. LOL!! I didn't get a picture of them at the office but here is Vanessa that morning before we left.
Finally Friday we just hung out at home. The kids played really well together in the basement while I did a bit of scrapbooking. They both napped and we just hung out together all afternoon - Iain even came home early to join us. A great start to the long weekend.
I just can not believe the summer has come to an end although I really am looking forward to the routine that September brings. We have a very busy weekly schedule but I'm sure the kids will do really well and in the meantime I've started a "fall projects" list for myself. This list includes things like: touch up paint around the house that has been chipped off by various things hitting the wall, finish painting the fence (ALREADY!!), organize the linen closet, organize the spare bedroom ... I think I'll be very busy this fall but I look forward to it.