Sunday Iain and I took the kids shopping in the afternoon then to Red Lobster for dinner. Halfway through our meal an older lady came over to our table and said "your children are so well behaved". I think Iain and I both lit up and thanked her. I believed we smiled the rest of the way through dinner. It was so nice.
This morning I took Vanessa over to visit my Nana at the Retirement home she lives in. Now the last time I took Vanessa over there we only stayed 5 minutes because she began screaming for juice (which I had forgotten to pack) and as I was dragging her out the door one of the older gentlemen said "Are you taking her away?" I responded "Yes" and he said "God Bless you!!". LOL!! Since then I have hesitated to bring her back but I thought I would try again this morning (juice in bag). Well Vanessa spent a wonderful hour entertaining the residence in the lobby with her dancing and waving "hi nanas, hi papas" and blowing kisses to everyone. The staff would stop and compliment on what a wonderful little personality she had. I was beaming. I hated to take her home but as lunch time approached I didn't want to take a chance that her mood would suddenly turn as she got hungry. We left cheerfully waving and calling "bye-bye" to anyone that would pay attention. My Nana got to brag that "yes that was her great-grand-daughter" while everyone told her how cute & sweet she was. It was just a great morning.
This afternoon I went to pick Ty up from his first day at "march break camp" and he was having a blast. One of the little boys came up to me and said "Ty is my new best friend". I was so happy to hear that he had already made a new friend.
Dinner is in the crockpot, the sun is still shinning, the kids are playing quietly in the basement and I'm thinking "what is one more kid to this mix??" I really think I'm going to be able to do this!
(Having fun on jumping on the furniture...this was yesterday- not today. LOL!)