Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ty's first soccer game & quick update

Ty had his first soccer game last week and it was so much fun. The kids this age play 3 on 3 with no goalies so they all have a chance to kick the ball and most of the kids even get a chance to score. Ty scored a couple times and was so proud of himself. The kids are so cute at this age- even when the other team scored Ty gave the kid a "high five".
Looks like our little man is going to have a promising first season...

Ty & Daddy (or as Ty likes to call him "Coach Iain")

Getting ready for the first game.
I spent most of the first game chasing Vanessa off of the field. Needless to say she will not be coming to anymore games as long and Nana or Papa will take her.
In other news, since being home from our trip Iain has decided to sell his Harley. Of course he is replacing it with another bike but Ty will be so sad to see the Harley go. He has told me that if this baby is a boy he's like to call him Harley. (We may need to buy him another fish so he can name that Harley LOL!)
Vanessa has been in prime form spending most of her waking hours screaming or crying or tossing her food and toys either at us on on the floor. We are really hoping this is just a phase and her "terrible twos" have come early. I can tell for the most part what is upsetting her - she is just so independant and gets so frustrated when she can't do things by herself- i.e. get into the SUV herself, buckle her own carseat belt, put on her own shoes... it must be tough to be so little and wanting to do things herself and not quite being able to. I do feel bad for her but there are days when I quickly lose my patience and just want to pull my hair out. On days like that I really count down the minutes to nap time. At least she is still sleeping really well - 12 hours at night- 3 hours during the day. She is really living up to the title of "drama queen" for now.
Myself- I've been feeling good for the most part- the pregnancy is still going really well- the baby is moving all the time. I had a sleepless night from severely itching feet & hands a couple nights ago but it seems to have passed and looks like it may have been an allergic reaction to some new foot cream I was trying. I'm hoping these next 10 weeks will be good - I'm really looking forward to swimming with the kids this summer and relaxing by my parents pool.
In the meantime Ty is finishing up at school and Vanessa is getting ready for her first taste of "preschool camp". I don't know what I'm going to do with myself while both kids are at camp? Who am I kidding- I'll be napping!!