Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A busy couple of months!

I can not believe we are already into March 2008 and it's full steam ahead. In February we spent two wonderful weekends at the cottage - the first with my girlfriend from university Krisha and her family...The second was just me, my matron of honour Sheryl and our youngest kids (Troy & Jayna) . Sheryl and I scrapbooked all weekend while the babies were absolute angels for us. It was such a relaxing weekend.We started March off with Ty's first trip to watch the Oshawa Generals play. After the game his Timbits team was awarded medals and got to meet the players. I don't know who was more excited Iain or Ty. Ty got John Tavares autograph (apparently the next Wayne Gretzky) and got a high five from him. Iain talked about it all night. lol!!Heading into the March Break Troy got his first tooth and has become quite mobile. He has a roll/squirm/scoot that he uses to effectively get himself from place to place. He's pretty proud of himself too. He is also giving us a lot more sleep lately too. I feed him at 8pm, 11pm then not again until 8am. He does wake up in the middle of the night but has been able to cry himself back to sleep in a matter of minutes. (I do not pick him up- just comfort him by rubbing his back) It has been such a relief to us that he is finally starting to sleep a better. We'll turn this kid into a great sleeper yet.
Last weekend we had another "Meet the baby party!" for one of Iain's friends. Of course I made far too much food for the 30 something people that confirmed that were coming and then the huge storm hit...only 18 people showed up so needless to say we have a lot of leftovers.
It may have been a small group but it ended up being really nice to catch up with those that did come.
Now we are into March Break and I'm really enjoying the extra time I have with the kids. They are having a great time in the snow and their newest activity that amuses them ...dragging Troy around the floor.

They all laugh so hard doing this. BTW- Vanessa had started dressing herself and on March Break I refuse to discourage her.

Yesterday we had a playdate with new mom - Steph and her son Owen (the ones we had the baby party for). Hopefully hanging out with my gang hasn't discouraged her from wanting more of her own. lol!
Ty surprised us this afternoon with a new haircut he decided to give himself. Thank goodness he's off for 2 weeks (hopefully enough time for the bangs to grow in a little more). Today we had another playdate and the kids played out in the mountains of snow in our backyard. For the rest of the week we have 2 more playdates planned, a trip to the gym, the early years center and the Ken/Jen indoor petting zoo. March Break is soooo much fun!!