Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Girl is 3 Years Old.

I can not believe how quickly 3 years has gotten away from us. Every year we have seen so many changes in Vanessa - from sweet baby girl to fiesty 1 year old to drama queen 2 year old and to now, a mature, girly, loving 3 year old. She loves her brothers so much - loves to be like Ty and to take care of Troy. She can hold her own when it comes to being pushed around- she will rarely back down from confrontation with other kids and loves to be with her friends.

She is the easiest kid to put to bed at night and so pleasant when she wakes up in the morning. This past year we have seen her struggling to use words to now- being able to hold a very "grown up" conversation with us.

Some of my favourite expressions of hers that we hear her say often are:

"My bum is eating my underwear"
"I have a gooey nose"
"I want hugs & kisses"
"I want to snuggle you"
"That's disgusting!"
"I want to hear a girls song"
"I'm a big girl mommy"
"Baby Troy is so cute"...
If she thinks I'm frustrated she will ask "What's wrong mommy?" It makes me feel better every time. :)
She has become so aware and proud of the fact that she is a girl and will demand to hear girls songs on the radio. She knows the words to "Promiscuous Girl", "I'm just a girl", "Spiderwebs"...all girls songs as far as she's concerned. She loves to sing.
She can spell her name outloud and can identify all of the letters of the alphabet & what sounds they make. She can count to 10 and identify her numbers as well. She loves craft time at preschool and she is mommy's girl when it comes to food. This girl can eat and prefers chocolate over anything else.
I am just so proud of her independence, her considerate nature, her amazing sense of humour and her ability to stand up for herself. I had no idea having a daughter would be so amazing. I want so much for her to never doubt herself and always feel beautiful. She is our princess.