Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Party, Party, Party!!

I'm not just saying that either - we had 3 parties this weekend, not to mention Father's Day. Saturday afternoon we headed over to Ty's friend Ryan's 5th birthday party at Air Zone. The kids had an absolute blast... Sunday we did a quick Father's day celebration before Ty's lacrosse game. Both Ty and Vanessa had made Iain decorated rocks at school and I picked him up some pants & shirts and a lacrosse stick so he could practice with the kids in the backyard. He loved it. Later that afternoon I headed over to Planet Gymnastics with the kids to celebrate Vanessa's 3rd Birthday. It was a little early (her B-day is not until the 24th) but this was the only day I was able to get at Planet Gymnastics so I took it. She had a great turn out considering it was Father's day. None of the father's actually came out though so at least they got a little break that day. Even Troy got in on the action...Vanessa loved her princess cake/cupcakes.We extended the weekend to Monday - after school yesterday evening we had another birthday celebration for our former neighbours (who recently moved) . It was Rilynn's 2nd birthday and the kids had a great time playing the games Rilynn's mom (Dawn) had organized and eating birthday cookies.
Finally I have to comment on my sons new hair cut...
Ty has been asking for a week now for a mohawk. On Saturday afternoon Iain took him to get it cut. We figured it's the last week of school so why not have a little fun. He LOVES his hair and thinks he looks like Chuck Liddell (one of Daddy's favorite UFC fighters) Vanessa has now been asking for a mohawk too...that is NOT happening though.