Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Finally some good weather!!

And it couldn't have come at a better time.  This past long weekend we headed up to the cottage with friends of ours for what ended up to be a gorgeous weekend!  Actually, first things first...Thursday night we spent the evening at the Coldplay concert - what a great way to kick off the long weekend.  Friday we woke up,  got packed and headed up to the cottage to enjoy 4 beautiful days.  The kids swam, went tubing, fished and played outside most of the day.  At night we relaxed by the campfire listening to music.  It was a fantastic weekend with great friends.  I wish we had more time to do that more often.  The pictures I've posted are not ones I took... on day two of the weekend I dropped my camera in the lake and it has not recovered... fortunately our friends have a fantastic camera and I ended up getting better pictures from them then I would have taken myself.  I am excited at the thought of buying a new camera though. 
This week the kids are back at camp then on Saturday we are heading back up to the cottage for our annual week with my parents and family friends.  What are the chances we get more summer weather?  My fingers are crossed anyway.