Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First things first...

So much to catch up on ...but I want to post about my little man turning 2 years old last week. We spent the week up a the cottage which really does bring back memories of his birth since my water broke up at that cottage just over 2 years ago.  I still remember the panic that set in and the crazy drive to the hospital...and how all Iain could talk about was how quickly he made it door to door.  :)  It was a short but painful labour followed by a much appreciated epidural. The actual delivery was very pleasant -he just came out.  He couldn't have made things easier for me. Unfortunately he's been nothing but trouble every since.  LOL!  I'm kidding- I love my little guy but he has definitely been a challenge over that last couple of years.  He never did take a bottle, he didn't start sleeping through the night until he was at least 18 months and does not seem to be happy unless I'm doing something for him.  He is a mama's boy through and through. On the other hand though he has got the sweetest little smile, a great sense of humour (even at this age) and just loves to be with his brother and sister and his close friends.  Something tell me that blond hair and blue eyes are going to give me even more trouble in the years to come.  :)Over the summer his vocabulary has really taken off - thanks to hanging out with kids that are a bit older I'm sure.  He is able to communicate with us a lot more making my job a lot easier although now rather then crying all the time he can make specific demands of me...and he does. I'm his personal slave some days opening cupboards, giving piggy back rides, getting food and juice for him, finding the toys he wants to play with ... but in truth I wouldn't have it any other way.  He is and will always be my baby. He was definitely meant to be my last child- I have no energy or patience left for any more that's for sure.  I am happy to give him what I've got though.  :)