Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fathers day and wedding fun

Another fun filled busy weekend. Saturday Iain and I were invited to a wedding so we headed into Burlington to enjoy a very nice night with close friends and family. The parents of the groom have been friends with my parents since high school and every year since I was 11 years old our families (along with 3 other families) would rent cottages for a week in August together. I've known all of these people pretty much since the day I was born (or they were born given I'm the oldest of all the kids) Always so nice to see everyone... here we are- all grown up. :)
We always like to get a picture of the family when we're all dressed up together too...
Sunday we had a gorgeous day to celebrate some of the great dads in our life. The kids were so excited to give Iain the crafts they made at school. Vanessa made Iain a painted rock that says "My dad rocks" lol! Troy made him a cardboard necktie with a poem on it and Ty made him a
pop-up card.
After Ty's lacrosse practice we gave Iain some free time to spend with his bicycle and I took the kids over to my parents place to visit and swim with my dad.

We ended the day in our own backyard having a BBQ with Iain's sister and dad-who was trying to teach Ty how to golf.
It was a very nice weekend with family and friends.