Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Halloween Weekend

The kids have been waiting for this weekend for months... We had to make a rule in our house that the topic of Halloween was not to be discussed until at least October 1st. My kids are Halloween nuts! The pleasure they get out of decorating the house, looking at the flyers of costumes and deciding what they want to dress up as is something I will never comprehend but I have to say I LOVE their enthusiam. Halloween is a big deal at our house now and the funny thing is - the one thing that I do love about Halloween - the abundance of chocolate that it brings into our house - is actually of very little interest to my kids. It was a great night though - cold as it may have been the kids didn't even notice and had a blast running from house to house critiquing the spooky decor, the costumes of others around them and yelling trick or treat.
On the Saturday we spent the night in Toronto after a fantastic wedding. Iain's friend from high school Rusty got married to Angela in very cozy ceremony and reception. The food was fantastic, the dancing was so much fun and catching up with everyone was wonderful. It was a great night out followed by a quiet brunch alone the next day... always nice to have those moments together when we can get them.
The Halloween decor has been taken down, the candy will be gone by Saturday and I'm actually ready to move on to some Christmas shopping. But first... time to start tanning. We leave for Punta Cana in 26 days!! Can not wait. :)