I've gone from a relaxing end of summer to smack in the middle of fall/winter activities and I can barely keep my head on straight these last couple of weeks.
The kids are loving school so far - so that is always a positive. I've met the teachers and I'm really liking them. I think the kids will all have a good year. The fall activities have all begun and once again I'm in way over my head but I have to justify staying home (not working) somehow so I load up my schedule to make it impossible to me to have time to do anything but take the kids to and from their activities. So far I think I'm pulling it off - I've turned being a stay at home mom into a full time job. Here is how it's done...
Mondays Troy & Vanessa have Powerskating,
Tuesday mornings Troy is on the ice again for more skating lessons - b/c as everyone knows a kid can never can have too many skating lessons. Tuesday night Iain plays hockey - which I realize is not a kids activity but on the Tuesdays that Ty does not have a hockey practice or game I do like to go watch Iain play.
Wednesdays Vanessa has horse back riding lessons,
and Ty has hockey development.
Thursdays Vanessa has hip hop class (and Ty is hoping to join her on the days that he does not have a hockey game or practice)
Friday is the only day we don't have a set activity but more often then not Ty has hockey. Saturdays and Sundays both Ty and Troy are on the ice with their hockey teams - this particular weekend Ty was in an out of town tournament which started on Friday...

and Mondays we do it all again. :)
It should have come as no surprise to me today when I got a call from Ty and Vanessa's school reporting that they didn't have a lunch packed. I thought they had "lunch lady" today (hot lunch provided). Apparently that's only on Fridays this year... like I said I can barely keep my head on straight and I will not be winning any Mother of year awards but I did get over to the school on time to deliver some subs for the kids. They didn't go hungry.
At the end of the day though, when I really think about it, I wouldn't have it any other way. If I have to fake a full time job then this is one I'm very happy to do. :)