Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Beautiful March Break

 We lucked out once again this year with another stellar march break.  By Friday we were sitting outside with no coats on having drinks with the neighbours.  :) 
I thought I had planned this March Break out really well for myself signing the kids up for half day camps - Troy and Vanessa at a gymnastics camp and Ty at a hockey camp which I stayed and watched and froze my butt off every morning in spite of the beautiful weather going on outside the arena doors.  (Ty's the poser in the Boston Jersey)
  
 Turns out it was a struggle to get them out the door in the morning and to their camps for 9am and I didn't even consider pick up times (both at 12pm) so I had to get my mom to help with that.  By the time I had everyone in the car, we'd get groceries and wouldn't make it home until 2pm.  I had to quickly get dinner started and get ready to head out again for the evening activities.  I feel like I couldn't catch up this week.  I barely got the weekly laundry done and we were lucky to have dinner on the table.  Evenings we were at the arena 4 days this week with Troy and Vanessa's Powerskating and Ty's hockey practices and a big game win, qualifying his team for the finals (consolation round but still...)  Somewhere in all of this the kids did get some time to play outside with their friends.


We ended the week watching Troy's skating show then over to another arena to watch his final hockey "game" of the season... so cute!  He is such a little show off - loved being a part of the skating show and came by and high-fived Iain and I after his goals at his last game.  
                                        
As nice as the March Break has been though I am not upset to get back to routine - and the kids back to school.  I just hope this beautiful weather is here to stay now.  :)