Monday, April 09, 2012

Happy Easter long weekend!!

What a busy but fun weekend this has been.  It started Thursday night for me when my dinner plans with my university roomy Robyn turned into a sleepover party once we realized that the following day was good Friday so she didn't have to work and Iain was going to be home to watch my kids.  :)  It was like old times.  I think we talked non stop from the moment I got there until we finally fell asleep but then both woke up before 7am and continued the conversation until I forced myself to leave before lunch.  We always have lots to catch up on and  I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I feel so lucky to have a friend like Robyn in my life.  :)  
Friday was a very relaxing day followed by Ty's End of Year hockey party.  So much fun and a perfect way to celebrate a fantastic season...  The team rented a "Video trailer" so the boys could play video games for hours while the parents got to hang out and catch up.
 Saturday the kids spent a lot of time outside and our next door neighbours returned from a week in Mexico so we got together to catch up with them and hear all about their trip.  That night the Easter bunny visited our house so Sunday morning the kids had a great morning looking for eggs and playing with their new stuff.  



Iain's parents came by later that morning for a nice little visit then we took advantage of the beautiful weather and we went on a family bike ride.  Troy rollerbladed, which worked out well for me because rather then hold him up on his bike I was able to practice riding my own bike (clip on pedals take practice).  I only fell twice but it was literally my first time taking this bike outside.   Although it was frustrating and nerve wracking,  I got back up and kept going and was feeling more confident by the end of our ride.  
We ended the day off  with a fun afternoon and delicious dinner at my parents house with my brothers, sister in law and nephews.  A great way to spend the long weekend.  :)  


I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!