Monday, July 31, 2006

A birthday filled week- and it's not over yet

I'm flying by the seat of my pants here from day to day. The weeks just seem to get busier. Saturday night Iain and I had a great night out without the kids. We were at a Jack & Jill for Iain's friends that are getting married in August then moved on to a 30th birthday bash that lasted until 3am!! I think I got approx. 3 hours of sleep Saturday night before the kids decided they wanted to get up and play. Sunday morning after breakfast we headed over to Chuck E. Cheese for my girlfriend Dana's 3rd sons birthday. There I got to hang out with most of the girls that I chat online with everyday. It was so nice to see them and their families after 2 years of seeing pictures and chatting. Here we all are...(thanks for the picture Nicole)

(Nicole, Jake, Nathan & Caden- Carol, Brayden & Parker-Dana, Jake, Josh, Gabe & Talia-Suzie & Sydney- Me, Ty & Vanessa)

I believe a "girls weekend away" is now in the works...

Monday my girlfriend (my matron of honour) Sheryl and I met at my parents pool to swim. The kids had a great time (as they always do in the pool) and we got to cool off and catch up.

(Myself, Vanessa & Ty - Sheryl, Braydon & Cody)

Tuesday was Mikaela (our little neighbour)'s birthday party. Ty got his face painted, we did a craft & had cake and goodies then all the mom's and kids headed out to the circus.


(All the kids waiting patiently to go to the circus)

Wednesday Iain and I had a "date night". We finally got a teenager in our area to come babysit the kids and we went out for a nice dinner and some adult conversation. It was really nice for us and the kids really liked the babysitter so we hope to do this once a month now.

Thursday was my baby boy's 3rd birthday!! Another post about this is coming but we celebrated with our families that night. Unfortunately we got some sad news that night. Iain's Nana Kelly from Scotland left us a message saying "Happy birthday to Ty - and Papa passed tonight". It wasn't unexpected but still very sad. I'm happy that I was able to meet his twice - once at our wedding and the second time, Iain and I took Ty to Scotland when he was 10 mths old to meet his family out there.

Friday night Iain's dad and Sister came over to give Ty more presents. His birthday really stretched out this year...

Saturday Ty had invited a few little friends over for a small birthday party. The kids had a great time in spite of the terrible rain storm we had - and still have right now. I'll post pictures of his party when I blog about his birthday.

Finally tomorrow the kids are off to the 4th birthday party this week!! Iain and I are going to a wedding in Niagara on the lake so our wonderful neighbours have offered to watch the kids for the day and take them to the party.

What an exausting week - I'm actually looking forward to Monday!!