Monday, July 03, 2006

Canada Day Weekend

Happy Belated Canada Day!! We didn't have too many plans this weekend except to relax and enjoy some time with friends. Friday we had a playdate across the street with Mikaela and her new baby sister Rilynn. Ty was surrounded by girls- I have a feeling that is going to be the story of his life though. LOL!!

On Saturday we took the kids down to the lake where there was a Canada Day celebration going on. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead so I didn't get any pictures but there were jumping castles and little games for the kids to play. They had a great time. We discovered that Ty has a bit of a competitive edge in him though. There was a basketball toss game that was too big for him but he insisted in trying it. After taking 14 shots and not making a single basket he finally broke down crying, "Mama I can't win that game". I wasn't really sure what to do. I told him the game was for bigger kids and he could try some of the smaller kid games but he kept saying "but I want to win that game Mama". I guess it was a good lesson that he's not going to win at everything he does. I told him we would practice at home and try that game again next year. He was still pretty upset but seemed to accept that answer.

Sunday we headed in to Milton to visit my girlfriend from University and her family. They just had a new baby boy Sean. It was so nice to finally meet him and get to hold and cuddle him a bit. (All the kids- Sydney (26 mths), Ty(35 mths), Sean(3 weeks) and Vanessa( 12 mths))

(Ty doesn't like to limit himself to the neighbourhood girls )